The biggest shopping day of the year is fast approaching and while you’re enjoying Thanksgiving dinner and being together with family, it is also a good time to prepare for your big day! Make a list, and check it twice.
Snag the best deals, save even more money and maneuver those pesky crowds easily with these tips that other savvy Black Friday shoppers have been using for years:
- Instead of waiting for department store ads to come out, get a jump start by browsing their website for all of the best deals on Black Friday. Check out websites like BlackFriday.info and Dealnews.com.
- Check in with stores before Black Friday because a lot of their deals can start as early as a week before the big shopping day. That way you can avoid the crowd and the store’s stock won’t be as limited.
- If you haven’t bothered to wait in those Black Friday lines then you should try it this year. Many stores reward “early bird” customers with deals and promotions already stacked on Black Friday sales such as giving out in-store credit, freebies or large discounts.
- A tip on shopping in groups on Black Friday? Try not to stick together as much, break up shopping lists among the group and plan out your holiday shopping in advance so that all of you can hit as many stores as possible. You will have a better chance at snagging that hot new toy or that item rarely on sale.
- Don’t forget about those coupons! Yes, you can normally stack coupon deals on top of Black Friday deals for the best sales out there. Check out your local newspaper and online for coupons as well.
- And finally, always be sure you understand the “fine print” of any Black Friday deal that seems too good to be sure. Chances are that they normally are. Often times there is a catch to those “just got to have it gifts” such as limited quantities, a minimum purchase or certain time specifications.