Budgeting is an excellent way to manage your expenses but there are likely a few key expenses you left out of your budget that may need some additional consideration. The following are a few examples expenses you probably forgot to budget for.
- The Sick Pet – You may have a pet and although you make sure your pets get the proper vaccinations and preventative healthcare you might forget to plan for days when they actually get sick.
- Child’s Out of Town School Trip – Perhaps your child recently joined a school club that routinely takes out of town trips. Trips are voluntary but if you don’t pay for your child’s trip costs he or she is not allowed to attend.
- Safety Precautions for a Storm – No one ever knows for sure when a major storm will arrive. But when it’s near you’ll need to stock up on emergency kits, food rations, and even fuel just in case there a shortage problem.
- Family Member’s Funeral – As sad as it may be death is a part of life. However, most people don’t usually add someone’s death into their monthly budget.
- Home Bug Infestation – You may keep a clean house but sometimes bed bugs or termites are simply more aggressive. In as little as a weekend bugs can infest your home requiring the help of a costly exterminator.
- A Computer Virus – We’ve all heard of computer viruses but unless it happens to you they are simply cyber legends. When a virus hits your computer you might need to buy new software to clean your hard drive or worst case scenario you might have to buy a completely new computer.
- Stolen TV – Perhaps you’re a renter without renter’s insurance which can at times be costly for a tight budget. Someone decided to break into your apartment and stole a TV in the process.
- Identity Theft – No one ever plans for their identity to be stolen. However, the internet’s advanced and global capabilities mean no one is immune to identity theft.